Many individuals take ache medicines like acetaminophen and NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine) to alleviate signs. However overusing them with out medical steering can result in dangerous negative effects.
As an acupuncturist with 10 years of scientific expertise, I’ve had hundreds of sufferers come to me for assist with stress complications.
In acupuncture remedy, strain is positioned on sure factors of the physique to loosen up muscle tissues and enhance blood move. Listed here are some strategies I take advantage of to shortly relieve complications — with out the needles!
These acupuncture factors are on the bony base of the cranium, on the left and proper sides. Putting strain on them is not only useful for relieving complications, but in addition for neck ache and sinus congestion.
- Clasp your arms collectively behind your head, together with your thumbs dealing with down.
- Place your arms so that every thumb presses into the ditch on the base of the talent (one on the left, one on the precise).
- Apply light-to-moderate strain and rub in small circles. You could really feel some tenderness or stress on this spot, which is regular.
- Do that till you begin to really feel some reduction.
I name this the “painkiller button” as a result of it relieves complications whereas additionally delivering an “it hurts so good” feeling. (If you’re pregnant, I like to recommend avoiding this technique as a result of it may be overstimulating.)
- Flip your palm to face down and discover the fleshy internet area between the thumb and index finger.
- Press down on this level with the thumb of your reverse hand.
- As you press, gently push in direction of the bone of the index finger, or pinch it down such as you’re grabbing a card from a slot.
- Maintain with delicate to reasonable strain for 60 seconds and regulate the strain depth as wanted.
- Repeat two or thrice on every hand.
Strolling outdoors at a brisk tempo for half-hour can lower your stress and supply contemporary oxygen, serving to to deal with stress complications.
When you discover it tough to depart your desk utterly, schedule brief breaks each 30 to 60 minutes. Rise up and stroll round or stretch for 5 to 10 minutes to encourage extra blood move to the physique and mind.
Ingesting water can even assist loosen up head and physique aches. Fatigue is commonly attributable to a scarcity of hydration, and research have discovered that individuals who expertise complications and migraines typically do not drink sufficient water. I prefer to have my water heat with a slice of ginger or lemon.
Eileen Li is a licensed acupuncturist, Chinese language drugs physician and bodily therapist. She acquired her scientific doctorate at Simmons College. From there, she labored within the bodily rehabilitation subject specializing in continual ache analysis, pediatrics and geriatrics, inpatient psychiatry, and colleges. Her analysis on continual ache has been printed in a number of journal publications. Observe Eileen on TikTok and Instagram.
Do not miss: